1. He's a daddy who loves sweet little girls who wake up early to color birthday cards.
Ella and Molly making birthday cards this morning while SD slept in.
2. That for thirteen years (tomorrow) he's known me better than anyone else.
3. He might be the funniest person I have EVER met. He sings, dances and makes the most off-the-wall comments and it definitely keeps me laughing.
4. He is the best daddy ever. He indulges Ella for the most part, but disciplines her when it's necessary.
5. He builds really good castles, loves to do "fun tricks" and tortures us incessantly.
6. He makes the best hamburgers ever. Seriously. Mine are terrible by comparison.
7. He refuses to move anything unnecessarily. He wants all things out in the open and complains if he has to move the peanut butter to find something hiding behind it.
8. He likes to read for pleasure. He reads to Ella. He doesn't laugh when I stay up until midnight four nights in a row to finish reading the Twilight series. (I know, I'm a thirteen year old child.)
9. He does the laundry. Start to finish.
10. AND he cleans the bathroom. Unless it's his birthday; then I get to do it.
Blowing out candles on his rice crispy treats at Nana & Cookie's today.
11. He has no opinion about paint colors, couch styles or floor rugs. As long as it is within the budget and comfortable, he gives me free reign around the house.
12. He talks to my belly and doesn't make me move when Sophie kicks him in the back.
13. He goes all the way to Birmingham to buy Zaxby's for dinner because it sounds really good to me.
14. He won't let me have ice cream after dinner because he knows I'll be up with indigestion (my babies don't like dairy in utero).
15. He rubs my feet in the middle of the night when I get cramps.
16. He picks out really good movies.
17. He doesn't get mad when I let the dog sleep in our bed.
18. He takes us to church every Sunday.
19. He sings a really funny song about David that Ella loves. You'll have to ask him to share it with you one day.
20. He has grey hair and complains about it, but I think it makes him look very distinguished.
Ella helping to make brownies (SD's favorite) tonight before dinner.
21. He loves clothes and doesn't mind looking very nice. He'll wear a puffy vest, a sweater and even a king costume on the right occasion.
22. He bought a Speedo at the sporting goods store because I dared him to. It was the only thing he purchased that night and no, he's never worn it... in public!
23. He got Alabama football season tickets for his birthday (Valentines Day, Father's Day, Anniversary, Christmas, etc.) this year and he's letting me have the other one. Sorry to all the boys waiting in line for Iron Bowl tickets this November... not going to happen.
24. His idea of a cute outfit for Ella is blue jeans and a Chicago Cubs t-shirt, just because he knows it will get on my nerves.
25. He likes to watch LOST with me and listens when I analyze, even though he thinks I get a little obsessive.
26. He waxed the kitchen floor yesterday morning and shampooed the rug in Sophie's room.
27. We text back and forth during funny television shows when he's traveling.
28. How he makes fun of me for not looking at the TV when I watch embarrassing reality television shows like American Idol and The Bachelor.
29. He smiled and said thank you even though our "cinnamon rolls" were less than stellar this morning (I didn't realize we didn't have any and made do with what we had on hand).
Our breakfast table, complete with homemade cards, sort-of cinnamon rolls and a happy birthday cup.
30. He gives excellent hand massages.
31. He makes fun of my pajamas and bed head in the mornings (both worse during pregnancy), but always compliments me on how skinny I look (even when not true). Pregnant girls need lots of positive feedback.
I know that was kind of a random list of thirty one things to love, but I got to the end a lot quicker than I thought I would! Of course, I love that he's strong, kind, loyal and takes the best care of his girls. I have enjoyed sharing the last 12 birthdays together and hope to share many, many more. Happy Birthday, Sweet Daddy! We love you MUCH.
Your Best Girls (Kristin, Ella, Sophie Kae & Beemer)